Friday, April 22, 2011

W is for Waffles

So I woke up this morning feeling fine... & wanted WAFFLES! I rarely do. Usually, it's pancakes but not today. Pulled my trusty waffle-maker out of the cupboard & whipped up some buttermilk waffles.

Buttermilk Waffles
  • 1 & 3/4 cup AP Flour
  • 2 TBSp Sugar
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 cups Buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup Canola Oil
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
Mix dry ingredients (first 5) in a medium-sized bowl. Make a "well" in the center of the dry mixture.


W is for Waffle!
In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil & vanilla. Pour the liquid mixture into the "well" then incorporate both the dry & liquid ingredients together. The batter should be lumpy!


Ladle the amount called for by your waffle-maker (I do two ice cream scoops-full) onto a cooking sprayed, pre-heated waffle-maker. Follow directions for your appliance from here. 


I topped the waffles with maple syrup & fresh strawberries. Delish!


My waffle-maker was a gift from my Step-Mom & I love it. It's a Villaware. For more of my favorite kitchen gadgets, go here.

*Lishie tip- This same batter can be used for Belgian waffles. Waffles are not just for breakfast! Add fried chicken & there's dinner! Or Shrimp & grits. Add ice cream & hot fudge- Dessert! YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment