I can't believe next week is Cinco de Mayo already! I miss celebrating the holiday in Miami in little Cuba. So I have to bring some festiveness to my home.
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 1 lb. cooked, shredded Chicken*
- 1/2 cup Salsa (I use Mild but any will do!)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream (Lowfat or regular)
- 1 TBSp Cilantro or Parsley
- 1 tsp Chili Powder (OR 1/2 tsp Chili Powder + 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper)
- 1-2 cups shredded Cheese (I use the 2% milk, Mexican Mix)
- 1 can of refried Beans (I use Vegetarian)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Combine the chicken, salsa, sour cream & herbs in a bowl. Mix together.
Form the "lasagna"-
Layer 2 soft tortillas then spread 1/2 the chicken mix on them, then a little cheese.
Layer 2 more tortillas, then spread refried beans on them, then some more cheese.
Layer 2 more tortillas, the rest of the chicken mixture on them, then more cheese.
Finally layer the last 2 tortillas on top & more cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese on top is melted & the sides of the tortillas have begun to brown. Serve topped with scallions & a dollop of sour cream or salsa. Delish & so very easy.
*Lishie tip- For the Chicken, I spray a foil-covered baking pan with cooking spray, then using a pastry brush, coat the chicken with a little olive oil, coriander & S & P. Bake @ 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Shred. Or to be easier, get a rotisserie chicken & break it into pieces.
Also, salsa is a GREAT fat free, cholesterol free component to add flavor to a meal!