Thursday, April 14, 2011

Baked Key Lime Chicken

Spring-fresh goodness!
My hubby loves key lime pie. A lot. So we always have a bottle of key lime juice in the house. I was glancing at "Nellie & Joe's Recipes from the Keys" (that's the key lime juice we buy) & saw this one for Baked Key Lime Chicken.

It's healthy &, with a couple of tweaks, fast for a weeknight dinner. Here's what I did:

I made the marinade (half of the recipe measurements + a little extra honey) & refrigerated it overnight but didn't marinate the chicken in it. Instead, the next day for dinner (tonight) I took a 1 & 1/2 lb. package of chicken tenders & placed them in a cooking-sprayed baking dish. Then I poured the marinade over them & baked the chicken in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.

My hubby really liked the chicken! And I served it with artichoke pasta & roasted asparagus (with olive oil/lemon zest & juice & fresh parm) on the side.

*Lishie tip- When you have extra of an ingredient, there's always something different that can be made with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment