Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hey you... Muffin Top!

No I am not saying your tummy is sticking out & over your jeans... That would be the pot calling the kettle... I really mean "Muffin tops", Banana-Walnut to be precise. Now nearly every one I know who eats muffins prefers the yummy, crunchy top best. Right? Yeah- me too! So going back into my cupboard full of different shapes, sizes, etc. of baking tins & pans, I pulled out my Muffin Top Pan! Yes, one actually exists & I got it as soon as it came out in stores. You may want to order one because it's so inexpensive & when you see this easy & yummy recipe... you'll want to make it!

This makes 8 large muffin tops or 10 thinner ones, so you, like me, will have to re-use the muffin top baking tin or just buy 2! LOL How I treat this recipe is very much like the way I make pancake batter. It is so simple.

Banana Walnut Muffin Tops

  • 1 & 3/4 c AP Flour
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 3 medium (or 2 large) RIPE Bananas 
  • 3/4 c light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
  • 1/3 c Canola Oil
  • 2 large Eggs, @room temperature
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 2/3 c Walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray cooking spray or oil & flour the muffin top baking tin.


In a large bowl, Mix together flour, Baking powder & soda, & salt. Make a "well" in the middle & set aside. In another bowl, fork mash the banana then combine it with the brown sugar, oil, eggs & vanilla. Pour the wet banana mixture into the "well" in the flour mixture & fold all ingredients in (you should have lumps from the banana. Add the walnuts & fold them in. Drop the batter into the baking tin evenly.


Cook for 13-15 minutes... the muffin tops should be browned on the edges & a toothpick inserted should come out clean.
The pan- shallow holes
*Lishie tip- If you use the pan a second time, quickly wipe it & then apply cooking "spray" before adding the batter & baking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment