Friday, April 22, 2011

Jell-O Jigglers Easter Eggs & The Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg & an EARTH DAY Craft

Doubtful the Easter bunny will eat 'em but my hunny bunny will
Today's Good Friday, Earth Day & I have a sick toddler... what to do inside, what to do? I decided to do a couple of crafty things, & one was Jell-O Jigglers. Funny, my toddler doesn't eat them but my hubby does. So these are sugar free lemon & lime gelatin eggs.

Jell-O Jigglers Easter Eggs 

But first, you need one of these: Jiggler Egg Mold

Original recipe from Kraft Foods. I had to modify their recipe because my hubby picked up 2 different flavors of the smaller, .30 oz boxes. Using the mold, I mixed 1 cup of boiling water with the gelatin. It came out great (according to my hubby). Krafty! ;)









Another project we did today was decorating eggs.  Guess egg-salad is in our future ;)


The Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg

Donald's G's favorite!
Place the eggs in one layer, in a sauce pan & cover them with cool water to 1 or 2 inches above the eggs. Bring the water to a boil, uncovered. Turn off the heat & COVER. Leave covered for 10-12 minutes. Gently take the hard-boiled eggs out & rinse the eggs with cool water. 

If using them for coloring Easter eggs, towel dry, then dunk in the dye!





& this Earth Day "Earth" craft:

I got the idea from the great blog No Time for Flashcards. I used a plastic plate, repurposed a piece of blue paper cut into a circle as well as the foam squares (cut from foam pieces from a Christmas craft). I squirted Elmer's glue in an abstract shape of North & Central America (Cuba's square!) & Gabriel "placed" the green foam pieces on.

No matter what you celebrate today- it's also Passover- I hope you have fun!

1 comment:

  1. pls advise is the jiggler egg mould is available on the market now? I am in Australia, thanks

    ReplyDelete