Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Frozen Vanilla Yogurt + added bonus- dino sprinkles

I accidentally bought a large tub of organic vanilla yogurt at the supermarket instead of PLAIN. Whoa... I am not use to food things with added flavor & was really taken aback by how sweet it was. So it sat there, sadly, in my fridge, pleading with me to use it. I thought hard... for what? I usually like to add my own vanilla... It's sweet, I should use it for a dessert where it will be the predominant flavor... Hmmmm... AHA!!!!!
Added the colorful dinos for the toddler-
frozen, sweet goodness!

Frozen Vanilla Yogurt

  • 32 oz. Vanilla Yogurt (Or 32 oz. Plain Yogurt + 1 TBSp Vanilla Extract)
  • 1 Cup 2% Milk
  • Hmmm- which one's real? ;)
  • 1/4 Cup Sugar

Combine the ingredients in a bowl.  Follow your ice cream maker's instructions... Mine are to add the mixture to the turned on machine (bowl having been chilled overnight). Mix for 30 minutes. Then allow to freeze for 3 + hours. 


*Lishie tips- The key for any frozen yogurt or ice cream is in having ALL of the cold ingredients, well, COLD. Take out the yogurt & milk at the last minute before mixing... the colder, the better!

I kept the plastic yogurt container- a big 'ol 32 ouncer- to repurpose as a frozen yogurt container!

No comments:

Post a Comment