Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pierogi Prep.

Ick- yucky weather- rain & a sinus infection! I was home sick today & wanted  a yummy, quick lunch so I threw together some pierogi. We have a Polish community here in Bayonne & I can get delicious, freshly made pierogi easily (not frozen!)... why make my own? :) But here's the preparation I use:

Pierogi

  • 3-4 TBSp Canola Oil
  • 1 pat Butter
  • 1 large onion, sliced
  • 12 pierogi
  • S & P
  • Sour Cream *Optional topping

Heat the oil on medium heat.  Add the onion & allow to slowly cook/soften... gradually caramelize... Once the onion is translucent & a little golden on the edges, add the butter, then the pierogi. Brown the pierogi on each side (takes about 2 minutes per side). Serve topped with sour cream. 

Perfect lunch!

potato-y goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment