Monday, April 11, 2011

Red Velvet... Brownies?

Red, Velvety, chocolate + cream cheese goodness!
DO NOT MAKE THESE!
I am NOT kidding... I have a better recipe
MAKE THESE!!!! :) They are even.more.Delish.

Another friend's birthday... & he asked for red velvet. I wanted to make something different since I had just.made.a.red, well "Rainbow" velvet cake so when I saw these Red Velvet Brownies from the blog, "How Sweet it Is" I just had to try them!

They were very good! I'd just caution about the red food coloring. For this recipe, to get the "paste" required of the cocoa powder/vanilla/coloring combo, use LIQUID food coloring & not gel. The recipe is written without specifying at first- so pay attention- the vanilla is DIVIDED.
Naked brownie ;) Before cream cheese frosting (a must!) below:

Mine came out really red, so use less coloring if you want them browner or a richer red... And, of course, the optional chips were a MUST for me!


Cream Cheese Frosting *DeLish

  • 1, 8 oz. Pkg. Cream Cheese
  • 1/2 stick Butter
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 lb. Confectioner's Sugar


Combine all of the ingredients together in the mixer until incorporated together & fluffy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment