Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wingsday... Again. Grilled Buffalo Wingettes

Red Hot Wings!
So it is Wednesday again, i.e.- Wingsday... & I am trying once more to make a healthier.just.as.satisfying.version of my hubby's beloved deep fried Buffalo Wings. This is attempt #4 to make them an alternate way. I've baked, & I've broiled them & I made them as tenders dipped in flour on the skillet- Buffalo Chicken Fries.

This week it was Grilling time. And, again, I used a butter substitute. 

Hubby's verdict? And again, the sauce was still good despite the butter sub. He actually said he din't taste a difference! And he liked these the best.

Grilled Buffalo Wingettes 
Cooked Wings, without sauce
  • Cooking Spray
  • 3 lbs. Wingettes or wings
  • S & P *Optional (did not use)
Sauce:
  • 3 TBSp Butter Substitute, melted (Michael chose "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter")
  • 1 TBSp Honey
  • 1 cup Hot Sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot) 
In a large bowl, whisk together the sauce  ingredients & set aside. 

Spray the grill pan with cooking spray. Lay out the wingettes in one layer. Spray the chicken with cooking spray. Grill on each side for 10-12 minutes minutes or until the chicken is cooked.

When the wingettes are cooked, while still hot, toss them in the sauce then serve.

*Lishie tip- Serve with nice crusty bread to tone down the heat. Water just makes makes the sting burn worse!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, this recipe is delicious! I love all the healthy substitutes too. What a great alternative to fried wings.

    ReplyDelete