Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hummus & Pita Chips

I love, love, love hummus. It's my "in front of the tv treat" with pita chips. YUM. Sometimes, I also love to have it as a vegetarian sandwich in a pita with lettuce & tomato & cucumber. It's full of protein & so good. The following recipe is very versatile. Add tahini sauce for extra flavor or roasted red peppers... And the chips? Think of your favorite flavors & season away!!!


Hummus

  • 2 cups canned chick peas, drained
  • Juice & Zest of 2 Lemons
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • Kosher Salt
  • Pinch of Sweet Paprika


Place everything into the Food Processor & combine until the texture you like. 


*Sometimes I add chopped roasted, red pepper too!


Pita Chips


  • Bag of Pita Bread (I get plain, white)
  • Olive Oil, to coat
  • *Seasoning (You could use anything!) I use Sea Salt


Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut each pita in half & then into 8 wedges. Arrange the pita wedges on a large baking sheet. Pour olive oil over the pita triangle piecess. Toss and spread out the wedges, not overlapping. Sprinkle Sea Salt (or whatever seasoning). Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until toasted and golden in color.


No tip here unless you HAVE one FOR me! LOL... just an observation... why do my pitas ALWAYS look like my toddler cut them? They break so easily! Good thing, they taste yummy no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment