- 1 cup AP Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt (altered from original 1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed, dark brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter (@ room temperature)
- 1 egg (@ room temperature)
- 1 TBSp Milk (I use skim)
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla (I added!!!)
- 1 cup Granola (I used plain)
- 1/4 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
In the mixer, beat the brown sugar & butter together, on medium speed, until creamy. Add the egg, milk & vanilla, one at a time, lowering the speed to add each. On medium speed, beat until well blended.
(The Book LEFT out this part!!!:) Slowly add in the flour mixture, combining all & scraping the sides of the mixer bowl as needed.
Hand fold in granola & chips. Drop the dough by the Tablespoon-full/2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
Bake for 10minutes or until the cookies are browned. Transfer to a cooling rack.
Yields 2 Dozen.
These cookies do not taste like health food cookies- they are so good & made my house smell delicious!
*Lishie tips- This recipe is so versatile, think about your family's favorite granola/trail mix combination & you can trade out the chips for raisins, craisins, dried cranberries, dried cherries, nuts, yogurt covered almonds, dark chocolate chips, carob chips... the ideas are endless! You could substitute oatmeal oats for the granola! You could even add flavored granola, like pomegranite granola. Just make sure to check the nutrition content on the granola. Some have way more sugar than others.