Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's WINGS-Day again... you guessed it... Wingettes, but how?


Hot saucy goodness (according to Hubby)

Another Wednesday, another "Wingsday"... And I am trying again. This time I used a pastry brush to baste the wingettes with some hot sauce, then I broiled them to dark, crispy, near carmelized perfection. Had my hubby turn off the fire alarm for the cooking time period because I knew as soon as I'd had the broil on, that piercing sound would cause me to lose some of my hearing (don't get me wrong, I am extremely happy it works but not when I am cooking, ha! So then I braced myself for the heat that would fill my kitchen on a beautiful, windows-open, Spring (summer-like) day. It wasn't so bad though! And the chicken itself, smelled delicious.

Naked Wingettes
I also made the sauce again with a butter substitute. The verdict? Hubby was very happy tonight!!! YAY home run... Hopefully soon we'll get a new grill & outside wingsday shall be!


Broiled Hot Wingettes
  • Cooking Spray

  • 3 lbs. Wingettes

  • 2 TBSp Butter Substitute, melted (hubby chose "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter")

  • 1 TBSp Honey

  • 1 cup Hot Sauce (we use Frank's Original) + extra for coating the chicken before broiling
Line a broil-safe sheet pan with foil & spray it with cooking spray. Place the wingettes on the sheet & "paint" them using a pastry brush with some hot sauce. Broil on the one side for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken pieces over, brush the new, uncooked side with a coat of hot sauce & broil for another 10 minutes or until the pieces are browned & crispy.

In a large bowl, combine the melted butter substitute, the honey & the hot sauce. mix all of the wingettes in with the sauce, covering each completely.


Serve with blue cheese & celery sticks. Oh, & crusty bread :)

*Lishie tip- If they're too spicy, don't drink water! It makes the burn worse. Crusty bread is a great side to decrease the heat!

Also if you, unlike me, love hot sauce, place a TBSp of it in your potato salad, along with a TBSp of relish to make your salad Louisiana style :)

No comments:

Post a Comment