Saturday, May 21, 2011

Blueberry Waffles

So here's my non-judgmental breakfast for the day predicted to be Rapture, Judgment Day. By far not my last meal but waffles are pretty perfect.  Add fresh blueberries (yes, I do love themes) & boy, they are better than perfect. These are regular waffles, not Belgian, not buttermilk but darn tasty. They are the food people tend to order at a diner because they just seem special. And they are. It was shown to me this morning when I surprised my inlaws with them at 8:30, piping hot off the waffle iron- you should have seen the happy look on their faces (you'll just have to trust me on that one- it's true- I don't lie)! You do need a Waffle maker & I love mine... It's one of those things that I do use. If you love waffles, get one!

Blueberry Waffles

  • 1 & 3/4 cup AP Flour
  • 2 TBSp Sugar
  • 1 TBSp Baking Powder
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 & 3/4 cup Milk (I use Skim)
  • 1/2 cup Canola Oil
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1/4 cup fresh Blueberries

In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, & salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture- in other words, push all of the flour mix to the sides of the bowl creating a “hole” in the middle. Set aside.

In another medium bowl beat eggs slightly; stir in milk, oil, & vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy) then fold in the blueberries.

Pour 1 to 2 ice cream scoops of batter onto of a preheated, lightly cooking aprayed waffle baker. Close lid quickly; do not open until done!!!

Follow your waffle maker instructions- mine beeps when the waffle is finished cooking. Carefully lift the waffle (from its edge) from the hot iron with a heat resistant, silicone spatula.

Serve with maple syrup or sprinkle some powdered sugar on top! YUM.

Lishie-ism- My first waffle ALWAYS comes out deformed, or too light or something. But you know what? It’s always my favorite!!!




It's been raining here in NJ for days so this morning's sun had to be photographed. Ah Heaven: NOT Rapture :)
If you want my Buttermilk Waffle Recipe, go HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment