- 2 medium Carrots, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 cup New Potatoes, cut in halves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TBSp your favorite herb mix- (*I used Lemon-Rosemary)
- 1 Lemon, zest & juice
- 1 lb. your favorite Pasta- (*I used Angel hair spaghetti, broken into pieces)
- Parmesan Cheese, Freshly grated
*All of the vegetables must be fresh!
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix all of the veg in a large bowl & add the herbs & lemon zest. Sprinkle some olive oil onto the mixture, enough to lightly coat the veg. Toss all of the contents together well. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet in one layer & roast for 10 minutes... Take out of the oven & mix the veg around, then place the pan back into the oven for another 15 minutes.
While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta according to package directions, reserving a cup of the pasta water.
When both the pasta is cooked & the veg is roasted, combine everything in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice & as much of the reserved pasta water to make the pasta a little teeny tiny bit saucy. Serve hot, warm, at room temperature, or cold topped with parmesan cheese.
Here's my letter of endearment to this recipe high-lighting all of the wonderful things about it:
Dear Pasta Primavera,
-You are so tasty & good for me & my family... healthy & nutritious.
-You allow me to use all of the extra vegetables I tend to buy before they, well, rot.
-You are so versatile, I can use summer squash or green bell pepper or brussels sprouts, cauliflower, parsnips, radishes, onions, garlic cloves... I can use any Herb combo, whatever I feel like... any type of pasta shape I want... no confines!
- And speaking of, I can eat you hot, warm, or cold... You are welcome at my BBQ.
I <3 you, Pasta Primavera!