Quinoa with Tofu, Broccoli & Red Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Package Firm Tofu, water drained, tofu chopped
- 2 TBSp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp. fresh Ginger, grated
- 2 TBSp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Green Scallion- Optional (I didn't add)
- Red Pepper Flakes Optional (I didn't add)
Steam the broccoli & the red pepper pieces together.
In a non-stick saute pan, heat the Sesame Oil, being careful not to burn it. Sesame oil heats & burns fast! Add in the tofu pieces then sprinkle the grated ginger over it & splash with the soy sauce (Add red pepper flakes here). Allow the tofu to brown on both sides, mixing frequently.
Add the tofu, broccoli & pepper to the quinoa & mix together. Top with green scallion, if desired, & serve.
*Lishie tip- Tofu can be really tasty & filling depending on how it's made. It's great for protein.