Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's WINGS-Day again... Broiled Buffalo Wingettes


Wednesday, as most of our friends know, is Wingsday at the D household for my hubby. Unfortunately, since he's had to restrict certain foods due to his high cholesterol, ordering them in or making them the "all-tasty" deep fried method is not on the menu. So I have been attempting to make it alternate ways. I've baked them & I made them as tenders dipped in flour on the skillet- Buffalo Chicken Fries. This week I broiled them. And I used a butter substitute. 

Hubby's verdict? The sauce didn't seem any different (yay!) but the wings themselves were ok, just good. I think that no matter what way I cook them, unless it is fried, he won't be over the moon for them but he will be satisfied. And he has to be, because healthy is the way to go! So give them a try!!!


Broiled Buffalo Wingettes 

Broiled wingettes before their sauce bath

  • Cooking Spray
  • 3 lbs. Wingettes or wings
  • S & P *Optional (did not use)

Sauce:

  • 3 TBSp Butter Substitute, melted (Michael chose "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter")
  • 1 TBSp Honey
  • 1 cup Hot Sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot) 


In a large bowl, whisk together the sauce  ingredients & set aside.


Line a broiler-friendly pan with aluminum foil & spray it with cooking spray. Lay out the wingettes in one layer. Spray the chicken with cooking spray. Broil for 10 minutes, then turn every piece onto it's other side. Spray non-cooked side with cooking spray. Broil another 10 minutes or until golden brown.


When the wingettes are cooked, while still hot, toss them in the sauce then serve.

*Lishie tip- Serve with nice crusty bread to tone down the heat. Water just makes makes the sting burn worse!

Have a said again- I DO NOT LIKE THE SMELL OF HOT SAUCE? LOL!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment