Monday, March 5, 2012

Oreo Biscotti

For those of you who know me, yes, I did give up chocolate for Lent. Yes, I am staying true to my sacrifice (but let me tell you, I feel a fraud because it has not been hard at all for me. Good thing I also do soul searching as well.) But I had promised to make my commuter buddies these beauties a few weeks ago, before the Lenten season, before I got the flu, before, well, life got a little bit in the way. My commuter buddies have this dream for me that I will stop commuting & they'll put up the money for me to open a bakery. A good dream & buddies to have!!! So despite the fact that I am forgoing chocolate, I baked them. All I Can say is they smelled divine! The scent wafted through the house mocking, "nan nannee boo boo, you can not have us ;)!" Well, when Easter arrives, I shall have to partake in baking some Oreo Biscotti again. Till then, you should indulge!
<3 Lishie

Oreo Biscotti
from Kraft


  • 1 c sugar
  • 13 c butter, room temperature
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 c flour
  • 1 ½ tsp baking powder
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 16 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 350° F.
Beat sugar, butter, eggs & vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until blended.
Stir in flour, baking powder & salt.
Fold in chopped cookies.
Divide mixture in half.
With floured hands, shape each half into a 9x3" loaf on a lightly greased, large baking sheet.
Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the centers come out clean

Remove from oven; cool for 10 minutes. Cut each loaf diagonally into 15 (1/2-" thick) slices. Place slices, cut side up, on same baking sheet.Bake for 10 to 12 minutes more on each side or until lightly toasted.  I do love making biscotti:  
Citrus Biscotti

2 comments: