Thursday, March 8, 2012

White Chocolate Chip Cookies




These were simple & delicious. As I’ve said before, I commute back & forth to NYC… My commuter bus has become a little tight knit community for me… So when Keith, our busdriver, asked for chocolate chip cookies (In his words, “… [B]ecause you can bake!) I was happy to oblige. Since I have given up chocolate for Lent, I decided to go with white chips since they are confectionary… their mere definition does not include any cocoa… & I could have one! If you’d like a different cookie, add these to your repertoire!

<3 Lishie

 

White Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted slightly from Ghirardelli
  • 1/2 c butter
  • 1/8 c sugar
  • 1/2 c brown sugar, packed
  • 1 egg
  • 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 & 1/2 c flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 c chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350. Cream the butter ans sugarsuntil fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt, mix well. Stir in chips and nuts. Drop cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet by teaspoonfulls. Bake 10-12 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. This is a favorite cookie of mine. I say , a favorite, cause you make/bake so many delicious, scrumptious goodies!!! Cause, You can Bake!!! Keep up the great baking, we love it and we love you, Lish! Everyone can taste the love you put in your food.

    ReplyDelete