Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pumpkin Seed Cranberry Biscotti



If you are looking for a delicious fall treat, that is different, look no further! My father-in-law loves biscotti so when I saw this recipe from Taste of Home, I knew I had to make it. This is the perfect dessert for the gazillionth course of Thanksgiving (you all know what I am talking about after appys, after dinner, after dessert... When things have wound down... Coffee, tea & pumpkin seed, cranberry biscotti. Or for the next morning. Or really, any time!!! YUM. So good, so different. These will be super appreciated (I know, my first batch were!!!) <3 Lishie

Pumpkin Seed Cranberry Biscotti Recipe
from Taste of Home
  • 3/4 cup 
  • sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup salted pumpkin seeds*
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries*
In a small bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, oil and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in pumpkin seeds and cranberries (dough will be sticky).


Divide dough in half; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray 
(I lined with parchment paper) . With lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased (I lined with parchment paper) baking sheets.


Bake for 5 minutes or until firm. Turn and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.



*Lishie tip- I bought raw, hulled pumpkin seeds & baked them, each side, 6 minutes. No added salt! They were perfect. Also, with the dried cranberries- add a little of the flour so they mix right into the recipe.


Biscotti means "twice baked" in Italian. To me it = DeLish!
Try this one too: Citrus Biscotti.

No comments:

Post a Comment