Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Stuffed Mushrooms

Looking for a great, no fail appetizer for Thanksgiving, or any day? Well here it is. My hubby love, love, loves mushrooms. There are so many variations on stuffed shrooms but this is a great base recipe... add more things anytime. Change it up with bacon or sausage... add carrots. Use shallots. Do as you wish! I make this as a side sometimes too!


Happy Thanksgiving Eve!
<3 Lishie




Stuffed Mushrooms

  • 16 large or 32 small white button mushrooms
  • Olive Oil
  • 1 medium onion, diced small
  • 4 celery stalks, diced small
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • S & P
  • 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

With a slightly damp cloth, wipe the mushrooms clean. Pull the stalks from them carefully (reserve). Finely dice the stalks. 


In the olive oil, saute the onion, celery & diced mushroom stalks until the onion is translucent & the celery is soft. Mixing, add the garlic & the S & P.  Add the bread crumbs & combine, take off heat.


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.


Take the mushroom tops & using a small spoon (I like my Tablespoon measure for this) over-fill/stuff them with the onion mixture. Place flat-side/non-stuffed side down on a sprayed baking sheet. Top the stuffed mushrooms with the parmesan & bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is browned & the mushrooms are softened. Enjoy!




Look at these HUGE, "button" mushrooms we got!

Check out my post: Thank you for Thanksgiving Crafts ideas for the kids.

2 comments:

  1. Stuffed mushrooms are one of my most favorite appetizers! I have only made them a couple times myself, but really need to get on the ball and make more - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to make them- I think it's the OCD of stuffing them I like so much! :)

    ReplyDelete