Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Peanut Butter...

Jelly! Oh no, wait, I meant, "Peanut Butter Cookies!"

Oh we love peanut butter in our house. And as much as I love fresh, homemade products, I love Jif Peanut Butter. It is my favorite. And I have to have smooth. I use to use a peanut butter cookie from back in school but one day, I couldn't find it. In one of my magazines was an ad for Jif WITH a recipe! So since College, I have been making this recipe. And I love these cookies more than the ones I  had made, down to the criss-cross tong marks from the fork! 

Question is, do you prefer smooth or chunky?
<3 Lishie

Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies 

From Jif

  • 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 1/2 stick Or 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening
  • 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 3/4 cups AP Flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt

HEAT oven to 375°F. Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk & vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended.

COMBINE flour, baking soda & salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in a crisscross pattern with tines of fork.

BAKE one baking sheet at a time 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. Lish, you know I will making these glorious cookies! You are my favorite, CHEF LISHIE!!!

    ReplyDelete