Thursday, November 3, 2011

Stove~top Stuffed Peppers

I can never get a good picture of stuffed peppers but believe me, taste trumps looks here! These are easy & delicious. I prepared the peppers for a night I had to work late, so my hubby could just place them on the stove. Turned out, it was a rainy, blustery day & I came home to this belly warming meal. 


<3Lishie


Stove~top Stuffed Peppers
4 bell peppers, cleaned out
 
Stuffing:
1 lb. raw, ground beef 
14 oz of tomato sauce 
2 cups of cooked, white rice 
I eye amounts: parmesan cheese, s & p, fresh parsley & basil & dried oregano & garlic powder & some bread crumbs

1/2 cup water

Mix stuffing, stuff peppers, add back their little cap hats :) Carefully place peppers standing in a deep sauce pan that has a cover. Extra stuffing I added to the bottom of the sauce pan. Pour the water into the bottom of the pot for the peppers to be slightly immersed. Simmer covered, on low heat, 1 hour watching that the pan doesn't overflow.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a recipe for something like this! I think I will be trying it out this week. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete