Friday, November 25, 2011

Mini~Pumpkin Pies


  • I have the most insignificant, smallest dilemma around the holidays I can imagine having: No one but me loves pumpkin. So I always end up baking everything else (I made my rustic apple turnovers  for my pop-in-law) for everyone else but I am left wanting pumpkin pie! I know, boohoo on me ;) But I figured out what to do this year- make a few mini pies for ME! 
  • Mini~Pumpkin Pies
  • 1/4 c sugar 
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon 
  • 1/4 tsp salt 
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg 
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 can (6 oz) evaporated milk
  • 1 unbaked pie crust
    • Preheat oven to 400° F.

      Mix together sugar, cinnamon, salt & nutmeg in a small bowl. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar~spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.

      Cut the pie crust into 6 large muffin~sized circles. Use the excess to make little shapes for on top of the mini-pies (like the leaves pictured). Fit the individual circles into a large muffin tin (I used my muffin~top tin).

      Bake in 400° F oven for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 300° F; bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, until the custard seems set (not jiggly). Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. 


      I hope everyone had as wonderful a Thanksgiving as I did. Happy Black Friday to all! Or as I am calling it, Frog~day!!! "...It's Time To Play The Music, It's Time To Light The Lights... " :) The Muppets!

      <3 Lishie








See my signature gap~toothed bite?

No comments:

Post a Comment