Saturday, March 12, 2011

Vegetarian Breakfast Fajitas! Another fun swap!

So as I've mentioned before, a small group of "Nestie" bloggers are trading recipes each week with a theme. This week's theme? Vegetarian! I was ecstatic because I love having veggie from time to time, & as ANYONE in this known universe knows, my sister, who I love, is a Veg. So I look for filling, complete recipes to cook for her when she visits. And how lucky was I that I got another choice trade from my friend Lauren, over at Lauren's Kitchen?! Her pick, perfect for lunch or dinner, were these very delicious, Low-Cal Quesadillas. Those are so yummy! I happened to always have Morningstar Farm Sausage patties in my freezer because they taste amazing.  Even my hubby will eat them with breakfast. So I decided to make Veggie Breakfast Fajitas, perfect for breakfast or brunch. YUMMMMMMMM.

Thanks, Lauren for the wonderful recipe...

Veggie Breakfast Fajitas

  • 1-2 TBSp canola oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp combined of oregano/garlic powder/salt
  • 3 Morningstar Farm Sausage Patties, thawed in micro, chopped into pieces
  • 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
  • 1 TBSp chives 
  • 2 large flour tortillas or wraps
  • 1/4 cup lowfat plain yogurt, Optional
  • Tomato & avocado slices, Optional



In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs & seasoning. Add in the cheese & the chives.
Heat the canola oil in a non-stick skillet, on medium. Add the egg mixture in & cook till the eggs are scrambled, firm (to your liking).


In a separate, non-stick pan sprayed with cooking spray (I use canola), on medium-high, place one tortilla flat. Quickly add the cooked egg mixture to the tortilla & spread. Add teh avocado & tomato slices here. Then cover with the second tortilla. Flip it over for about 30 seconds.


Cut into triangular wedges & serve with the plain, vanilla yogurt topped with some chives.

Now do these LOOK vegetarian?! ;)


yum!

eggy/cheesy/fajita-goodness

*Lishie tips- Do not be afraid of "Vegetarian". Some recipes really, truly are delicious & you will not miss the meat! See below for more of my vegetarian recipes. ANYTHING (except meatloaf imo) made with ground beef can be substituted with  the ground-beef-style soy crumbles Lauren's recipe lists. I use it to make stuffed peppers/lasagna/bolognese, etc. for my little sister.

Also, do not ever be afraid to change around a recipe to adhere to your family's tastes!

BTW- I supplied my Portobello Parmesan. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment