Monday, March 28, 2011

Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta

Sprouts!
I crave fresh veggies & it shows when I go food shopping because I buy so much! Beautiful, fresh, in season produce makes me happy! This week I also happened to pick up a large packaged chunk of pancetta for a recipe I haven't made in a while so I thought, hmmmm pancetta & brussels sprouts would be delish tonight with some simple herbed, baked chicken.  I love the beauty & brightness of fresh veg. And I love the bite to it!

Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta



  • 2-3 TBSp olive oil
  • 3 oz. pancetta, thinly sliced & chopped
  • 1 lb. brussel spouts, each halved
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • S & P



Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium. add the pancetta & saute until the meat gets slightly browned & crisped, stirring constantly for a couple of minutes (2-3). Add the brussels sprouts & saute until browned, about 6-8 minutes.  Add the lemon over the sprouts & salt & pepper, to taste. Serve! 

fresh, green goodness!
*Lishie tip- If you prefer your brussels sprout with less "bite", steam them a little beforehand to soften them. You can substitute bacon for pancetta but it will be greasier!

*Lishie fact- Brussels sprouts are in the cabbage family.

No comments:

Post a Comment