Sunday, February 6, 2011

Coffee *ice cream* tawk

Everybody right now is watching the Superbowl, since, well it is... on! We decided a while ago that throwing or even going to a SBParty is hard on me since it's a Sunday night so we usually stay in & nosh on comfort type foods. We have a whole slew of snacks, including homemade coffee ice cream.

It's so easy & delicious... I went with the basic recipe (in my head) & tweaked it. This is what I used/did:

Coffee Ice Cream

  • less than 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup COLD skim milk
  • 1 cup of fresh made coffee, chilled (I used K-cup Green Mountain "Dark Magic")
  • 2 cups COLD heavy cream
  • 1 tsp of vanilla



In the mixer, whisked together the sugar, milk & coffee on low until the sugar was dissolved. Poured in the heavy cream (with the vanilla already added to it). Whisked a minute longer on low.


Turned on ice cream maker (bowl pre-frozen as is needed) & mixed until thick- about 25 minutes. Then placed plastic wrap on top (touching ice cream) & placed it in the freezer. 

De-Lish!

I have my meals planned & prepped for the week. All set for Monday- Happy Sunday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. i wish dan liked coffee ice cream as much as i do. i'd have to make 2 batches. or maybe i could just dump some edy's of what he likes into a plastic container and tell him i made it?

    what's supposed to be after coffee... you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops- SORRY! I used the K-cup Green Mountain "Dark Magic"

    ReplyDelete