Friday, February 25, 2011

Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips (Quick Bread)



So tonight was pizza takeaway night but the hubby actually requested banana bread WITH chocolate chips. I was going to make banana yogurt cake but since I've been baking for everyone else, I said yes to the quick bread :)

One of my first cookbooks was Better Homes & Gardens (America's #1 Cookbook since 1930) So I made their recipe for Banana Bread. For the oil OR butter choice, I used 1/4 cup of canola oil & swapped the quarter cup of nuts for 1/4 cup chocolate chips instead. (& you can see from my pictures, I opted out of the Streusel-Nut Topping.) With my Pyrex Loaf Dish (8.5x3.5), it took 55 minutes.

My hubby was watching as I mixed & prepped everything. He exclaimed, "Wow, a lot of work goes into that!" Yes, baking from scratch is a bit intensive but I so enjoy it & he benefits from the end product!

A nice, yummy Friday night treat that my toddler will also love:


No comments:

Post a Comment