Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day

One of my new years resolutions was to attempt some things from a more convenient method... like a cake box mix. Well, I had no idea that cake mixes come in strawberry (really, no idea!) & I was thrilled to see it in its pretty pink coloring on the box! So, on a whim, I bought it. Then had second thoughts... up until I had an allergy attack Saturday night that put me in bed early & was exhausted on Sunday after waking early, mass, cleaning, etc... Well, I figured, let me try the box mix! I switched out apple sauce for oil, kept the same amount of eggs & water & followed the 350 degree directions...

But...
Used this Nordicware mini heart pan (350 degrees for 20-25 minutes):


 Extras: Sprinkled Confection Sugar


& this Avon Brownie Pop one (350 degrees for 15-20 minutes):

Extras: Rainbow Non-pareils & Red Sugar Crystals & pop sticks

And, well, it all turned out all right & I admit, TASTY! 
Happy Valentine's Everyone!

<3 Lishie

Here are the crafts I created with & for my toddler:
Class Valentines: "A Valentine for Kazoo"
Teacher Gifts: "Thank you for helping me grow."
Signed... I love you
Repurposed egg carton as Tic Tac Toe
T-Shirt for my Gabriel-Bot
More Valentines Crafts & Treats to come!

3 comments: