Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love the sweetness & sentimentality of the holiday, always have. There's just something about hearts & pink & flowers... I love it. And now I love the innocent wonder of it with a toddler. His recent cuteness has been in the form of recognizing that a heart shape equates to love. As we were doing one of our crafts together, Gabriel picked up a heart-shaped foam sticker & smiled, then hugged & kissed me. I love my little one so much.

So if you didn't get enough ideas from my Valentine's Day Post, here are a couple more. I've stated again & again my love for Pillsbury Crescent dough... Spreading the love again, today. Here's a quick, easy & fun treat you may even be able to make last minute for your sweeties.  

All you need is: a can of Pillsbury Crescent dough, peanut butter, some chocolate & a little powdered sugar if you wish!

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Hearts

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll out the dough onto a flat, lightly floured surface. Using a cookie cutter (I chose heart-shaped, of course!) cut the dough into an even amount of shapes as you will be placing two together. On the middle of one cutout, dollop a little peanut butter. On top of the peanut butter, sprinkle some grated chocolate. Place the second cutout on top & carefully, using two fingers or a fork, secure the "sandwiches" together. Top with a little more grated chocolate. Repeat for the remaining cutouts. 

Place on a lined or sprayed cookie sheet & bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar & serve. Enjoy!

And another easy craft idea! Thanks, Pinterest!
Grandparents Valentine <3
Happy Valentine's Day!!!
<3 Lishie
 Like me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment