Sunday, February 19, 2012

Honey Lime Chicken

Sunday, Sunday... it's my "plan the week's meals" day... And then our grocery shopping day (after church mass). I get the supermarket circular out, along with a scrap piece of paper, pen & my coups... Ask the hubby 1) if he can remember anything we are out of/need & 2) if there's anything he's been wanting for dinner. Then I go to it. This helps me in so many ways -we save money, -I have the week mapped out ,-it's easy to come home from work & cook, -I prep when I come home from the store. Oh, & gals, my hubby ALWAYS grocery shops WITH me! A huge plus!

This week I saw an amazing price on chicken drumsticks. I ended up getting 12 large drumsticks for $3!!! So this meal was so inexpensive & flavorful. You can use this marinade on any chicken cut too.

Honey Lime Chicken
4 limes, zest & juice of 3, 1 sliced into 1/8s 
1/2 cup honey
3 TBSp canola oil
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried parsley
12 drumsticks (or any chicken pieces), skin on
2 TBSp fresh parsley, chopped

Whisk together the first 5 ingredients. Add the chicken to the mix & coat all of the pieces. Marinate for at least 15 minutes.

Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. 

Lay out the drumsticks on a lined & sprayed jellyroll sheet (baking sheet with sides.) Poor the remaining marinade over the drumsticks. Bake for 30-35 minutes until dark brown.

Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley & with the lime wedges.


 Enjoy!
<3 Lishie

No comments:

Post a Comment