Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Strawberry Muffins

Yesterday was National Strawberry Day (not to be confused with National Strawberries and Cream Day, May 21). I know, I apologize for being a day late but you will forgive me when you see these beauties!
 
Mini
And I will admit… I love strawberries so much so that I ate an entire pound (sprinkled with powdered sugar) myself Sunday night watching the Oscars! Did you see Colin Firth? :::Swoon::: Being a mommy of an adored toddler things have changed, ha ha! It use to be I was dolled up (as my male friends would say) in a spiffy cocktail dress, toting some fun Oscar-related appy &/or amazing sweet sipping champagne spritzers at a Manhattan party. One of my friends was privy to the pre-Oscar package goods (copies of ALL the main movies+) as well as Elton John party favors flown in! (EJ, who now is also in a state of parental bliss, throws an amazing AIDS-charity making Post-Oscar parties in LA).

Guess what? I don’t miss any of it. Why? I have my Oscar, I mean Gabriel & I would very much like to thank God & The Academy.

<3 Lishie

Strawberry Muffins
"Normal"-sized muffin
  • 1 c diced fresh strawberries (+1 TBSp a-p flour)
  • 1/2 c butter (room temperature)
  • 1 c sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 c a-p flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 c sour cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease either 24 mini-muffin tins or 12 muffin tins with cooking spray.
Toss the strawberry pieces in the flour to coat; set aside.
In a small bowl, combine flour, salt & baking soda; set aside.
Using a mixer, beat the butter, sugar, & vanilla until fluffy. Add in the egg.
Now, alternating between the two, stir the dry ingredient mixture & sour cream into the batter
Lishie tip~ Muffin Batter should be lumpy! Fold in the strawberries.
Fill muffin tins about 2/3 of the way….
If making minis, bake for about 10-15 minutes.
For regular-sized muffins, it took about about 30-35 minutes for THE perfect, crusted muffin top! (I made both to ensure cooking time reliability for the blog.)
Muffins will be golden brown when done but, of course, do the toothpick test!

No comments:

Post a Comment