Monday, June 20, 2011

Pound Cake with Strawberries & Fresh Whipped Cream

Father's Day was very nice, sweet & laid back. We BBQ'd (or should I say, hubby & his father grilled), my MIL made the side salads & I made Pound cake, fresh whipped cream & strawberries.

Right now, the berries are so fresh I wanted to add raspberries, blackberries & blueberries to the mix too but settled on simple, gorgeous red strawberries. Berries are in season, so go for it. No need to make them sweeter- just cut & serve. Whipped up a batch of fresh whipped cream (minus vanilla for this), dolloped it liberally on sliced, buttery pound cake... and I had a happy Father-in-Law who had seconds, when he rarely has a first serving.

Classic Pound Cake, named for its ingredients, a pound of each: butter, sugar, eggs & flour.

Whipped Cream
  • 1 cup Heavy Cream
  • 2 TBSp Sugar
Whisk together, constantly stirring (or with mixer on high) until it's stiff & fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment