Just know these Lishie tips for picking a delicious, ripe avocado:
1) The fruit should have no visible bruises or marring.
2) If a stem is attached, it should remove easily. This shows ripeness.
3) If, when held & squeezed gently, there's a little give, it is ripe.
4) When you shake the avocado by your ear, it should not rattle. This means it is overly ripe.
This all being said, I LOVE them!!! I make/eat avocado shakes, slices in salad, in sandwiches/pitas... I'll eat slices alone, on their own, like I did growing up. It is just.so.good... Here's my recipe for guacamole. Every one who makes it makes it differently, to their liking. I am not good with spice but do add some jalapenos if you like!
|I love my Flip Flop dish too!|
- 4 avocados, cut/pitted
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 TBSp Lemon Juice
- a handful of chopped Cilantro
- 1 small Red Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- Pinch of Salt
Slice up the avocado into chunks & squeeze the lemon juice over it. Add the zest, cilantro, red onion, garlic & salt. Combine all & serve.