- 1 medium to large Tomato, diced small
- 2 cups of Croutons (made fresh from crusty, stale bread or you can use store bought or a stuffing bag)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated or shredded
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 TBSp fresh Parsley, chopped
- Bunch of fresh Basil... 2 TBSp chiffonade & some whole leaves to top
- 1 cup Water
- 1-2 lbs. boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- Slices of fresh Mozzarella
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
"Grease" an oven baking dish with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine the diced tomato, croutons, parmesan, garlic, parsley, 2 TBSp of basil, & water. Spoon into the baking dish. Place the chicken on top of the crouton mixture. Top with thin slices of fresh mozzarella & full basil leaves.
Bake for 55-60 minutes, until the chicken is well done.
*Lishie tips- You can use provolone or asiago cheese... Flavored croutons... Add roasted red peppers or mushrooms or artichokes to the mix. YUM