Friday, June 29, 2012

Swap ~ Sandwiches

Another swap! I love these swaps (thank you to Sarah at Taste of Home Cooking as usual for hosting.)at his swap, I got to visit another new blog. And this week's swap? Sandwiches. So perfect! Summer for me is a mix of grilling, pasta & sandwiches.

Ammie, from Adventures in My Kitchen, Adapted this recipe from Rachel Ray. If you read my blog,you know I am not a big RR fan but I will take suggestions from other bloggers if they have put a RR recipe to the test! and funny thing? Ammie's changed RR's lime to tangerine... When I went shopping, I couldn't find the tangerines so I reverted to my favorite naval oranges. It is all citrus, right? (says the Floridian gal :) )


I grilled the chicken then shredded it, adding some sliced celery to the mix. Although it was a bit sweet for my taste, I enjoyed it!!! So it probably was better it was orange (tangerines are sweeter, right?)This is a great, summery meal. Thank you so much Ammie!


<3 Lishie

Grilled Honey Orange Chicken Sandwiches

adapted from Adventures in My Kitchen

  • 1 orange, juice & zest
  • 2 Tbsp honey
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • A handful cilantro, roughly chopped
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 tsp grill seasoning
  • Toppings of your choice, we used: Yummy tomatoes & celery slices
  • 4 rolls
In a medium bowl add  juice & zest of the orange, honey, cumin, cilantro and oil in a bowl and mix well.  Add chicken breast to bowl, stirring to coat well.  Set aside 15 minutes.

Heat grill or grill pan to medium high.  Place chicken on grill pan and cook for 4-5 minutes.  Flip and finish cooking on other side.  Be careful that you pan isn't too hot, and watch as these cook since the honey burns easily.

Once removed from the heat, let the chicken sit for a few minutes.  Then serve on rolls with your favorite toppings.

3 comments:

  1. I love how citrus is so interchangeable! I'll have to try it shredded sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love chicken shredded on rolls! Says summer to me! Thank you so much from this citrus- loving Florida girl!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a fantastic recipe! I love citrus and chicken together.

    Thanks for being part of the recipe swaps!

    ReplyDelete