Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cilantro Lime Rice
























I love rice as much as I do pasta. And it is crohns friendly for me so I usually load up on it & have a little bit of the protein veg... more of the rice. This is my copycat version of Chipotle's Cilantro-Lime Rice. It is delicious as a side or in a burrito, etc.

<3 Lishie

Cilantro-Lime Rice

  • 1 cup short-grain rice
  • 2 & 1/4 cups water
  • 2 TBSp butter
  • zest & juice of 1-2 limes
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 cup cilantro
Cook the rice (I use a rice maker but you can combine the rice & the water on medium-high heat until it is boiling. Lower to a simmer & cover. Cook for about 20 munutes or until the water is evaporated. Fluff the rice... Add the butter & allow it to melt, incorporating it into the rice. Add the lime zest & juice, salt & cilantro. Fluff & serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment