Monday, July 25, 2011

Key West Creamsicle

The Florida Orange
Do you do what I do when enveloped in a sweltering heat (or snowed in for that matter)? Daydream of good times, feeling cooler… escapes that made you happy? I have so many good trip memories.One is a trip with my siblings to Key West. It was humid & hot~ Florida weather~ meant to be that way. Instead of watching the sun set at the Mallory Square Dock, we sipped cocktails & watched it from the rooftop of the Crown Plaza Key West~La Concha. This is the wonderful frozen drink I lazily nursed that night. I brought home the memory & recreated the recipe. Not sure exactly what the bar used but I spied the Vanilla Stoli & it’s sacrilege to drink anything but fresh-squeezed Florida oranges ;) Minus the alcohol, this is also fantastic! So the children can love it too.

Key West Creamsicle
  • 1 cup Orange Juice (freshly squeezed, of course!)
  • 1 cup Vanilla Ice Cream (or frozen Yogurt)
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 oz. vanilla (or plain) Vodka
  • 1 cup Ice
Blend everything together. Garnish with an Orange slice (& a Pink Flamingo drink mixer if you just happen to have one, ha!)

<3 Lish

No comments:

Post a Comment