Saturday, July 2, 2011

Confetti Waffles & Cinnamon Honey Herbed Butter

So I am going to admit this again... yes, I am. Last night, I, Lishie, watched the original Gene Wilder (who I adore) Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory for the FIRST time. I agree, odd, but I just had not seen it. My sister Perrie is over so we had giggle time & movie time. She watched this with me then went on to watch some weird cult horror film with my hubby.

This morning, my sister wanted waffles & inspired by the movie, I decided to make confetti waffles:

Confetti Waffles

  • 1 & 3/4 cup AP Flour
  • 2 TBSp Sugar
  • 1 TBSp Baking Powder
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 & 3/4 cup Milk (I use Skim)
  • 1/2 cup Canola Oil
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 2 TBSp RAINBOW SPRINKLES

In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, & salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture- in other words, push all of the flour mix to the sides of the bowl creating a “hole” in the middle. Set aside.


In another medium bowl beat eggs slightly; stir in milk, oil, & vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy) then fold in the Sprinkles.

Pour 1 to 2 ice cream scoops of batter onto of a preheated, lightly cooking aprayed waffle baker. Close lid quickly; do not open until done!!!

Follow your waffle maker instructions- mine beeps when the waffle is finished cooking. Carefully lift the waffle (from its edge) from the hot iron with a heat resistant, silicone spatula.


To make the waffles extra special, I made an herbed butter to spread on (shaped as hearts- just mold the mixed butter into a cookie cutter then refrigerate until set.) I LOVE herbed butters... FOr breakfast spreads, for steaks, dinner, etc. They can really transform a meal into something magical.  
Cinnamon Honey Herbed Butter 
  • 1/2 Stick Butter
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1 TBSp Honey

Mix all 3 ingredients together in a small bowl. Re-refrigerate to set. Serve! 

2 comments:

  1. Lish, I love this entire Blog!!! You are hilarious and still know how to pull off such fantastic classics with your "Lishie twist." Your pictures are exquisite. Love this new Format on your Blog! Very Cool!

    ReplyDelete