Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

I love Holidays that are just about FUN. I mean when then there's no stress at all... Just pure happiness. My sister is visiting over the weekend & has a list of food demands which, to some would sound stressful but I love it. We're also having a huge BBQ in a large park with other families. Love this. I will be making my S'Mores Bars for the crew which are sure to bring smiles.

Lishie's S’Mores Bars

  • 1 & 1/2 sticks butter, room temp.
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3 cups crushed (food processor) graham crackers 
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 cups chocolate chips*
  • 3 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
Pre-heat oven to 350°, grease or spray 13x9x2-inch baking pan (or two, 8x8 brownie pans). 

Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together crushed graham crackers, flour, and salt. Stir the graham cracker mixture into the butter/sugar/egg/vanilla mixture. Should become one, big crumbly clump.

Press about 1/2 cup or more, if needed, of the graham cracker mix over the bottom of the greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle half (1 cup) of the chocolate chips on top. Sprinkle 3 cups of the mini marshmallows on top. Crumble, by hand, the rest of the graham cracker mix on top. Sprinkle last 1/2 cup of the mini marshmallows on top and finally, sprinkle the rest (1 cup) of the chocolate chips on top.

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brown.


Thinking about something else too as well as my Caprese Pasta Salad.

What are your plans?! Whatever they are, please stay & have a wonderful time making memories!

xo,

Lish


Gabriel says, Happy birthday, USA!


Post your favorite 4th of July memory or food below!!!

& Don't foget to Enter my Melissa & Doug toy GIVEAWAY too! It ends on July 3rd!


4 comments:

  1. do you serve these warm from the oven or cooled off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say ~ they are really good!!! Oh & sooooo easy! Especially now that you can also get already crushed graham crackers! I like to crush them myself because I can leave some chunky crumbs too!

    ReplyDelete