Sunday, July 17, 2011

Homemade Strawberry Lemonade

I had a hankering today for some lemonade & not the sugary yellow stuff in the canister. Real lemon juice was what I needed. Perfect for the Sunday family BBQ in this Northeastern heat. So I grabbed some lemons... & made my strawberry lemonade:
Strawberry Lemonade

  • 1 cup freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
  • 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar 
  • 4 cups cold water
  • 1/4 cup sliced Strawberries
  • Additions: Crushed ice, thinly sliced lemon & strawberry pieces
  • Optional: Fresh mint or Basil Leaves

Combine the juice, sugar & water in a pitcher & stir very well. Add the strawberries & muddle them*. Stir again. Add ice, thin slices of lemon, strawberry & the mint or basil.
Serve & Enjoy!


*Muddling means to combine by crushing or mashing the ingredient into the drink. 
*The Confectioner's sugar dissolves quickly into the acidic coolness of the lemon juice.


There is nothing like the smell of lemon. It's clean & refreshing at the same time. I love the way my hands smell after juicing them!



No comments:

Post a Comment