Friday, October 21, 2011

Zombie~Eaten Skeleton men

These came out very cute! I got the idea from Kraft. Then I saw them on Disney Family.  I am not the best decorator but you can get the picture :)
And isn't it mostly about having fun?!  I used my Already Been Chewed (ABC) cookie cutters for that optimum zombie affect! But of course, go ahead & use gingerbread men & women, the "normal"variety. I did use my Halloween cat cutter. Ha ha... if you are having a young adult or grownup fright~fest, a little red food coloring can make these absolutely garish! Go for it!!!

My all-purpose cookie recipe below is great because it is easy, not sweet & you can make so many shapes with it. I think next time I may add some cocoa to darken the dough so them bones show better!

For MORE fun Halloween ideas, click HERE: Ghoul-Lish-ly FUN!




Easy All-Purpose Cookie Dough
from Sesame Street's Yummy Cookies Cookbook

  • 1 cup Butter
  • 1/2 cup Confectioner's Sugar
  • 2 TBSp light brown Sugar
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 1 Egg
  • 2 cups A-P Flour

Mix the butter, sugars, & salt in a large bowl at medium speed for 2 minutes until light & fluffy. Add the egg & beat until well blended.


Add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating after each addition. Shape the dough into a disc & wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough at least 1 hour so that it is firm.


Preheat oven to 300 degrees. 


Roll out the dough on a floured surface. Cut into desired shapes. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the cookies edges are browned slightly. Allow to cool & ice.


Icing 
Lishie's

  • 1/4 cup white chocolate or melting candy
  • 1-2 TBSp Milk
  • 1 TBSp Confectioner's Sugar. 

Melt the chocolate then combine all three ingredients. Decorate the cookies.




For MORE fun Halloween ideas, click HERE: Ghoul-Lish-ly FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment