Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin S'Mores Bars ~ Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!!! My toddler's school is having a costume parade & party. I was asked to bring my S'Mores Bars. I am always tinkering with my recipes, looking for ways to make them different & ways on how to make them new. I thought, yum, how about pumpkin s'mores?! And this came about. It is slightly more cake-y than the original Lishie S'Mores but as yummy & ooey-gooey!!!! You.must.try.these... now! Everyone have a sage, & happy, Halloween! Boo!
<3 Lishie


Pumpkin S'Mores Bars

Ready to travel!

  • 1 & 1/2 sticks Butter, @ room temperature
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 cups crushed (food processor) graham crackers 
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
  • 3 cups mini marshmallows or 1/2 bag of large marshmallows
Pre-heat oven to 350°, grease or spray 13x9x2-inch baking pan (or two, 8x8 brownie pans).

Beat butter & sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light & fluffy. Beat in egg until combined. Add in pumpkin, then vanilla. 

With the children's pumpkin treat bags!


In a separate bowl, mix together crushed graham crackers, flour, cinnamon & salt. Stir the graham cracker mixture into the butter/sugar/egg/vanilla mixture. Should become one, big, slightly liquidy, crumbly clump.

Press the graham cracker mix over the bottom of the greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle the chocolate chips & 
marshmallows on top.  

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brown.

2 comments:

  1. I think I just found my recipe for my November Book Club!! Wow, that sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete