Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Honey Ham, Gruyère & Dijon Mustard Palmiers






 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So this is a funny post on my anniversary. We've been married 7 years & really, we are low-key, comfortable people. Prefer a night at home then any foodie lure in the world  to a nice restaurant. Prefer time with our 3 year old rather than a babysitter. Prefer relaxing at home... So, also, since my hubby is watching his cholesterol, no sweets to be baked... 

Why am I posting about Honey Ham, Gruyère & Dijon Mustard Palmiers then? Ha ha... word association. I had seen this wonderful tutorial on ham curing on Thyme for Cooking... And Bayonne Palmiers were the highlight. Since my hubby is from Bayonne (Bayonne, NJ, that is) & where we live, I thought it suited the day. Although I did not cure my own ham & these were not made from Bayonne, France ham... they WERE absolutely delish.

Happy Anniversary to my hubby <3

<3 Lishie

Honey Ham, Gruyère & Dijon Mustard Palmiers 

  • 1 can crescent rolls
  • 2 TBSp Dijon mustard
  • ­1 c shredded Gruyère cheese
  • 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
  • 4 oz. very thinly sliced deli honey ham 

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Roll out the crescent roll dough on a baking sheet. for each crescent triangle, lay one slice of ham across it, spread a little mustard, sprinkle some of the Gruyère & roll up... Place back on the baking sheet & sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Serve with more Dijon mustard to dip. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment