Monday, September 12, 2011

Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa

So today was the Tenth Anniversary of 9/11... I remember every moment of that day... It's still so vivid. I choose to remember in a quiet reflection with my family because the sadness is so real & frightening. The angst & anxiety are very much heightened this year. I needed something comforting at the end of the day... 


I love the combination of Salt & caramel & chocolate so much (watch for another DeLish original cookie bar soon of this combo!)
I also love the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate at Starbucks. I attempted to replicate it at home. I used a basic hot cocoa recipe then added some caramel ice cream topper & sea salt. YUMmmmm...


Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa
(makes 1 Mug-full)

  • 2 TBSp Sugar
  • 1 TBSp Cocoa
  • 1/4 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 2 TBSp Caramel Sauce, divided
  • 1/8 tsp Sea Salt


Mix the sugar & cocoa in a bowl.  Add the vanilla & mix well. Add 1 TBSp of the caramel sauce.

Meanwhile, slowly heat the cup of milk to hot but not boiling. Pour into the dry cocoa mixture, whisking continuously. When finished, drizzle the second tablespoon of caramel over the top & sprinkle on the sea salt. 

ENJOY!
<3 Lishie


No comments:

Post a Comment