Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 2 cups canned chick peas, drained
- 2 cups fresh, soaked chick peas
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, pureed (see here)
- Juice & Zest of 2 Lemons
- 3 cloves garlic
- Kosher Salt
- Pinch of Sweet Paprika
Place everything into the Food Processor & combine until the texture you like.
- Bag of Pita Bread (I get plain, white)
- Olive Oil, to coat
- *Seasoning (You could use anything!) I use Sea Salt
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut each pita in half & then into 8 wedges. Arrange the pita wedges on a large baking sheet. Pour olive oil over the pita triangle piecess. Toss and spread out the wedges, not overlapping. Sprinkle Sea Salt (or whatever seasoning). Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until toasted and golden in color.
I've said it before I LOVE hummus... And I LOVE bell peppers. Well put them together... sigh. This makes or such a delicious tv snack. Or for a tiny lunch... or spread it on a sandwich instead of mayo. YUM.