***This is not a complete list
~ Just food for Thought!***
- Full Gas Tank
- Cash (credit card machines won't work)
- Canned Goods
- Non-electric Can Opener
- Bottled Water
- Boxed Milk
- Fill your tubs! (for boiling water or wash-up water)
- Baby Wipes! for you~ even if you do not have a baby!
- OTC drugs (aspirin/acetaminephin/ibuprofen)
- Baby needs (diapers/wipes/formula)
- A little Stash of inside busy stuff for your child (crafts, a new coloring book, etc.)
- Pet needs
- Bolt down/bring in outdoor stuff including potted plants
- Do NOT leave any pets outside
OK, on to a snack I made... Thanks to my friend Rose, we've had a yummy supply of Popcorn Indiana Kettlecorn ... yum... So I got the idea to make these "Treats" with the kettlecorn. Growing up, one elderly neighbor always made popcorn balls for Halloween & she, God rest her soul, was my inspiration.
Stay safe everyone!!!!
Chocolate Chip Kettlecorn Treats
- 1/4 cup Butter (1/2 Stick)
- 6 cups Mini-Marshmallows (1 bag)
- 6 cups kettlecorn
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (I used mini-morsels)
In a good-sized glass bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Add the marshmallows into the bowl with the melted butter & mix until they are covered. Microwave the marshmallows at 30 second intervals, taking the bowl out & mixing after each 30 seconds until the marshmallows are fully melted. Add in the kettlecorn & then the chips & mix well! Make sure all is blended. Spoon into a greased pan & allow to cool. Cut into servings. Enjoy!
You all stay safe!!!