Saturday, August 27, 2011

"Hurricane" Honey~Banana Bread

I've lived through too many tropical storms & hurricanes growing up in Florida. I don't enjoy them, in the least bit. Nature truly terrifies me, because its so unpredictable. We have our hurricane stash of good, canned foods, baby needs, boxed milk & water. I am pretty sure the electricity will go out too so along with the flashlights & candles one more preparation we did not do was go overboard on perishables. We have enough fresh milk, fruit & veg for a couple of days. And I am trying to use up our eggs, etc.  So with what we have, I made this bread. 


I actually just threw it together with no recipe. I've been baking for so long I did not even think about it... started with the overly ripe bananas & went from there. The only thing I knew after I started was that I wanted honey in there because I'd recently read someone's blog & saw that as a banana bread ingredient & thought ohhhhhhhh. I can't remember who's blog though because If I had, I would have made her exact recipe.


But I think this is the best banana bread I have ever made. And it is quick & easy, hopefully "Irene" will be too! Off to sculpt with Play-Doh or have a hall Bowling match with my tot. Stay safe everyone!


"Hurricane" Honey~Banana Bread

  • 1 cup AP Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 3 large RIPE Bananas
  • 1 stick of Butter (softened completely)
  • 2 Eggs, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 cup Honey
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 3/4 Walnuts, chopped
  • 1 TBSp Sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degees & prep/grease a Bread pan.


Mix the flour, baking soda & salt in a small bowl, set aside. In a large bowl, mash together the bananas with a fork or potato masher. Add the butter & mix. Add the dark brown sugar & honey, then mix until combined. Add the eggs (pre-whisked together) & the vanilla & mix everything well. Fold in the flour mixture well, then the walnuts. Pour into prepared bread pan. Sprinkle the granulated sugar on top.


Bake on 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean/dry.
<3 Lishie

No comments:

Post a Comment