Thursday, December 1, 2011

Egg Nog Custard Pie

I love egg nog. I could seriously have it every single day, it is so good. And in custard form- yummmmmm nom nom nom... This was a recipe I made for New Year's Eve last year & I surely will make it again this year for the holidays. Go ahead, add the rum! I can't have it (crohns) & I get Lactaid Brand egg nog (tastes the same, I promise!) but it IS the holiday season- be merry & indulge!

<3 Lishie

Egg Nog Custard Pie
adapted from All Recipes.com
  • 1 (4.6 oz) package non-instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1/4 tsp  fresh, ground nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 cups eggnog
  • 2 tsp rum (optional! I do not add it)
  • 2 c heavy cream
  • 1 Nilla Wafer pie shell
  • 1 pinch fresh, ground nutmeg
In a medium saucepan, combine pudding mix, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and egg nog; mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat, and stir in rum. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, cover, & refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.

n a medium bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks. Remove the cold pudding from the refrigerator, and beat until smooth; fold in whipped cream. Spoon into baked pie shell. Sprinkle additional nutmeg over the top for garnish. Refrigerate 4 hours, or until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment