Wednesday, June 19, 2013

"Ice Cream" Cookies

 
This was super easy & super fun for the kiddos. And of course, it is not really a recipe except for the frosting. I didn't want to put my oven on- it was hot. And my hubby was bbq-ing our dinner outside. I had spied an idea like this on pinterest... So this made for a cute snack for my little G's last day of pre-k 3.
So you can use any oval cookie (I used Vienna Fingers) or Nutter Butters.
You can use any frosting flavor since ice cream come sin many flavors & colors (I used chocolate, recipe below).
The "sprinkles" are rainbow non-pareils.
The "cherry" is a red m&m but you can use red skittles, red hots, red Trix, etc.

<3 Lishie
Gabriel's mom

"PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING
from Hershey's
https://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipe-details.aspx?id=184
  • 1/2 c butter
  • 2/3 c Cocoa
  • 3 c powdered sugar
  • 1/3 c milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar & milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla.


No comments:

Post a Comment