Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Artichoke Potato Gratin




While perusing the cheeses at the supermarket, I decided I really wanted some good provolone. So I got some yummy, fresh, full of taste provolone cheese sliced at the deli for sandwiches & at the same time, some extra for a gratin. I had these gorgeous baby yukon potatoes at home... And felt that artichokes would complete the flavor profile I wanted. I was right... so delish...

<3 Lishie
Artichoke Potato Gratin
  • 1 lb baby yukon potatoes, washed, skin on
  • 14 oz artichoke hearts, chopped
  • S & P
  • 1/4 lb provolone, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 c chicken stock (or veggie stock)
  • grated parmesan cheese to top
  • 1-2 pats of butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Oil or butter a baking ramekin (I used a 3 Qt size)
Slice the potatoes thinly or use a mandoline (I used the latter). Place 1 layer of potato slices on the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle half the artichoke pieces over the potato layer. Add salt & pepper. Layer more potato slices. Top with provolone cheese... Another layer of potato slices, 2nd half of artichoke pieces, salt & pepper... Top & last layer of potato slices... Pour in the chicken stock.
Top off with a little grated parmesan cheese & butter pats.

Bake, covered with aluminum foil for 40 minutes. Take off foil, bake another 15 minutes till browned.Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting & serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment